VQ Compliance Policies
Our mission is to unleash the value of individual expertises by connecting them to the needs of other businesses across industries. In order to achieve the above, we are committed to the highest standards of compliance. Use of our spot consultation should never infringe our advisors’ interests nor our clients’ business. Our compliance policies are designed to help advisors manage conflicts and to protect our clients’ interests.
Protecting advisor’s interests
- ・Terms and Conditions agreed between VQ and our corporate client who use our Concierge Service (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) clearly state that advisors’ rights should be fully protected. This includes that information obtained through spot consultations is not shared with third parties without prior consent from advisors, and that there is no relationships between Client and antisocial forces. Advisors are not forced to provide information if Client demands to violate such rules, and should immediately inform us in that case. We shall conduct appropriate investigations and compensate for the advisory role.
- ・We ensure that there is no conflict of interests between Client and advisor’s current employer. If the Client is a consulting firm, we ensure that there is no conflict with their end client as well. Similarly, we offer a free messaging system in our Web matching service (hereinafter referred to as “Web Matching”) , so that Client can directly communicate with advisor candidates and exchange information prior to providing consultation.
- ・When our concierge team proposes advisor candidates to Client, we will not provide information that enables to identify the advisor individually (such as names, email addresses, or telephone numbers,) without prior consent.
- ・Personal information we receive is managed under appropriate security. Our employees who handle personal information are required to take training for this purpose.
Protecting Client’s interests
- ・Our terms and conditions agreed by our advisors prior to consultation is designed to protect our Client’s interest. For example, it states:
- not to provide confidential information that violates internal regulations or other agreements,
- to ensure that advisor has no relationship with antisocial forces,
- not to provide information obtained through communications with Client to third parties
- ・When our concierge team provides matching support, clients can first ask questions to the advisor candidates to gauge the qualifications for the advisor role. If our clients elect to use Web Matching, they can use the free messaging and ask questions to advisor candidates to gauge the qualifications for the advisor role before fees being charged.
- ・When our concierge team provides matching support, Clients can request detailed conditions upon advisor search. For example, if the client is an investment company, client can request to exclude person who currently work for the investment target company or have left the investment target company within the last 12 months from advisor candidates. It is also possible to check in advance that the advisor candidate does not have material non-public information, or provide necessary information for preliminary screening to a Client’s compliance division prior to consultation with an advisor.
- ・When our concierge team provides matching support, we exclude occupations that secondary employment is prohibited by law upon proposing advisor candidates. When we are informed by a company that prohibits secondary employment, we exclude their employees from the advisor candidates.
- ・We carefully handle information we receive from Client using a highly secure network system with restricted access which requires periodic passwords changes.
- ・When our concierge team provides matching support, if Client wishes not to disclose Client’s name due to the nature of the request (i.e. to eliminate arbitrariness in user interviews or not to disclose investment target companies at investment companies), our concierge team will make all arrangements from potential advisor search to setting the interview anonymously, after we confirm that such request will not cause detriment to advisor.
Rules to be complied by advisors (message to advisors)
- ・VQ consultation requests are based on career data and experience card, etc., all provided by advisors. Please be responsible for accuracy and recency for all information you provide.
- ・You must comply with all confidentiality duties (including duties based on internal rules) related to the company you work for or any other third party, when accepting requests as advisor. The above applies to information disclosure to our staff or other VisasQ users.
- ・You must not disclose material non-public information you possess for any reason. When you receive material non-public information through the consultation process, please be noted that trading public securities based on material non-public information can be regarded as insider trading and shall be severely punished by law.
- ・Engaging in acts that avoid paying VQ commission, such as circumventing our website and directly communicate with Client and provide consultation outside our service without our prior consent, is prohibited.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any other questions or concerns.